ROMEO AND JULIET
Seeking ten versatile, non-Equity adult actors of any age or gender with strong classical backgrounds and text skills (e.g. scansion, paraphrasing, rhetoric—we will provide support materials). We are open to cross-gender casting and will employ doubling. (The role of Juliet has already been cast.)
1) Friday, January 25, 2013, 9:45am to 12:15pm,
Chevy Chase Library, Meeting Room,
5625 Connecticut Ave. N.W. Washington, DC 20015
2) Friday, January 25, 2013, 2:15pm to 4:45pm,
Takoma Park Library, Community Room,
416 Cedar St., NW, Washington, DC 20012
3) Saturday, January 26, 2013, 10 am to 2pm,
1810 Sixteenth St., NW, Washington DC 20009
Rehearsals will begin early May 2013. Performances will be 11-15 June and 19-22 June 2013 at Atlas Performing Arts Center in DC. Actors will receive a percentage of box office profits.
To be considered for an audition, please email your headshot and resume, along with your preferred date/time to
Please plan to stay for up to an hour after your audition time, as we may ask you to stay and read sides. If you are unable to make any of the three dates/times listed but would still like to audition, please email us and we will do our best to schedule an alternative time. Please be advised that we cannot see everyone and we will give preference to those with the strongest Shakespeare and classical backgrounds. We are not able to provide housing, and can only consider actors local to DC or those with guaranteed local housing.
Actors should prepare/bring the following:
1) one copy of headshot/resume
2) two contrasting Shakespeare monologues, approximately 10-15 lines each, with at least one in verse
3) (OPTIONAL): 16 bars of a song if you would like to sing and/or play an instrument—the production may incorporate live music, but you will not be ruled out if you choose not to sing/play for us.